To reduce erosion and nutrient delivery to water bodies of Oconto County by using practices such as diversions, shoreline restoration, native buffers, rain gardens etc.
The County sets aside $20,000 per year for various county-wide cost share practices. Eligible practices are cost shared at 70%, total cost sharing per cooperator not to exceed $2,500.
Cost share applications will be accepted after January 1st of each year until funding is exhausted. Applicants must be aware that funds are limited and approval is subject to ade
Some of the Eligible Projects Include:
- Erosion Control
- Lake Restoration and Protection Programs
- Stream Bank and Shoreline Restoration
- Wetland Development or Restoration
- AIS Education and Early Detection
- Aquatic Plan Management Plan
- Rain Gardens
- Shoreline Buffers