What can I do about a judgment listed on my credit report?

A good place to start is the Clerk of Courts Office. You can use the public access computers or view the actual records involved. 

To satisfy a judgment that may be showing on your credit report with the court, the debtor must complete and file a Satisfaction of Judgment (PDF).

This form is completed by the debtor, but must be signed by the creditor stating the judgment has been satisfied. Note: The creditor's signature must be notarized.

Once this form is completed, it can be filed with the Clerk of Courts. A $5 filing fee will be charged. Once the fee is paid, the judgment will show that is has been fully satisfied. 

Show All Answers

1. How can I find my court date?
2. How long are court records kept?
3. How much does it cost to file a case with the court?
4. How do I pay a fine or find out how much I owe?
5. How can I check to see my driver’s license status?
6. How can I enter a Not Guilty Plea to a Traffic/Forfeiture citation?
7. How do I set up a payment plan?
8. I posted cash bond in a criminal action. How do I get my bond money back?
9. How do I file a civil case?
10. What can I do about a judgment listed on my credit report?
11. How do I get a copy of my divorce decree (Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law with Judgment)?
12. How can I obtain an Annulment?
13. I Would Like My Criminal Record Expunged. How Can I Do That?